How to Set up Nighthawk AX6 Router
Wi-Fi 6 Network is built to handle smart devices like- gaming consoles, 4K TV, thermostats, and many more vying for bandwidth today. Netgear Nighthawk provides a range of Wi-Fi 6 routers so that you can connect and stream simultaneously without impacting reliability and speed. The all-new Netgear Nighthawk AX series routers deliver the fastest Wi-Fi networks to all the connected devices without compromising the range and speed. Now, let’s get to the inside of the latest nighthawk routers.
Netgear Nighthawk AX4 RAX40 AX3000
The Netgear Nighthawk AX4 router with the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology delivers powerful signals to all the connected devices and provides greater network capacity. The powerful dual-core processor delivers a new level of Wi-Fi connectivity so that you can stream, connect, and download faster than ever before. It lets you enjoy 4 times faster downloads, smoother streaming, and improved gaming experience as compared to previous Wi-Fi standard.
Netgear Nighthawk AX6 RAX50
The Netgear Nighthawk AX6 is built with the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology. The router provides speed up to 5.4Gbps so that you can stream, connect, and download faster on your connected device. The high-powered amplifiers increase speed and range for whole-home network. This next-gen router is perfect for medium to large homes. You can use the nighthawk app to complete the nighthawk ax6 router setup.
Netgear Nighthawk AX8 RAX80 AX6000
The Netgear Nighthawk AX8 router supports the Wi-Fi 6 technology to deliver up to 4 times more data capacity than previous standards. The router supports multi-gig internet to provide powerful signal strength to all of your connected devices. The increased bandwidth improves the overall performance of the network. The quad-core processor ensures that you enjoy ultra-fast and smoother 4K video streaming, online gaming, and browsing without any interruptions.
Netgear Nighthawk AX12 RAX120 AX6000
Netgear Nighthawk AX12 is the latest Wi-Fi router with 2.4 GHz quad-core processor. The new Wi-Fi 6 technology is designed to handle today’s and tomorrow’s growing home network. This Netgear nighthawk router is designed to increase data efficiency and speed. You can enjoy ultra-smooth 4K ultra HD streaming, buffer-free gaming, un-interrupted buffering and many more. After completing the Netgear Nighthawk RAX120 router setup, you can enjoy high-speed internet in your home or office.
Netgear Nighthawk RAX20 AX1800
The Netgear Nighthawk RAX20 with built-in Wi-Fi 6 technology provides speed up to 1.8 Gbps. The latest generation router is capable enough to handle more devices on your network so that you can enjoy reliable streaming and fast speed. The new generation router is perfect for small to medium homes and covers area up to 1,500 sq. feet to more than 20 connected devices. You can use the nighthawk app to configure the settings.
Note- Now, let’s dive into Netgear Nighthawk setup steps. No matter what model of nighthawk router you own, the steps for their configuration and installation will remain the same.
Netgear Nighthawk AX4 Router Setup
Prior to the Netgear Nighthawk AX4 router setup, you need to make the physical connection of the router. Use the following steps to complete the initial Netgear nighthawk RAX40 setup process.
- Remove the cables connecting to the modem, if there’s any.
- Plug in the power adapter and supply power to the modem.
- Connect the modem to the nighthawk router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the router to the computer using an Ethernet cable. Or, use a wireless method to connect your computer to the router network.
- Plug into the power adapter of the router. Make sure that the router is powered on.
Netgear router AX4 Login using routerlogin.net
Connect your computer to the nighthawk ax4 router’s network.
- Fire up a browser of your choice.
- Enter http://routerlogin.net into its address bar.
- You are prompted to enter the default username and password. Provide login credentials.
- Click the ‘Login’ option.
Netgear Nighthawk AX6 Setup via Nighthawk App
The Netgear nighthawk app is an application that can be used to configure and install nighthawk routers without any trouble. Using this app, you can complete the Netgear Nighthawk configuration easily. Connect your mobile device to Wi-Fi, this Nighthawk app will guide you through the nighthawk router setup steps.
How to Set up Netgear Nighthawk AX6 Router via the Nighthawk App?
Follow these simple steps to complete the nighthawk AX6 login and setup using the nighthawk app.
- Download the nighthawk app on your mobile device. The app is available for both Android and iPhone users.
- Launch the app on your device and turn on your nighthawk RAX50 router.
- Provide the login details of the nighthawk router. click the ‘Login’
- Once you are signed into the Nighthawk app, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the nighthawk AX6 setup.
Nighthawk RAX20 AX1800 Setup
The Netgear Nighthawk RAX20 router setup can be done using two methods- web-based setup page and Nighthawk app. Both the methods are discussed below in detail.
Nighthawk RAX20 Setup using routerlogin.net
Plug the nighthawk router into the power source and turn it on.
- Connect the router to the modem.
- Now, connect your computer to the Nighthawk RAX20 network.
- Open a browser and type routerlogin.net. press ‘Enter’. You will be redirected to Nighthawk RAX20 login page.
- Enter the login details. Type ‘admin’ in the username and ‘password’ in the password field.
- Click ‘Login’. Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard will appear on the screen.
- You can change the ‘admin’ password of the router.
- Under the ‘wireless’ tab, you can change the wireless settings of the router.
- Click the ‘save’ to apply all the settings.
Nighthawk RAX20 Router Setup via Nighthawk App
If you found the aforementioned method a bit difficult, you can complete the Nighthawk AX1800 router setup by using the Nighthawk app on your mobile device.
- Connect the antennas to your nighthawk AX1800 router.
- Connect the modem to your router using Ethernet cable.
- Now, make sure that you have an accessible internet connection on your smart phone.
- Open the Play Store or App Store on your mobile device and download the Nighthawk app.
- Open the app and turn on your Nighthawk RAX20 router.
- Log into the nighthawk app by providing the required information.
- Now, you can follow the on-screen prompts to configure the wireless settings of the router.
- Once the configuration is completed, you can enjoy high-speed internet from your mobile device.
Nighthawk AX8 Setup Failed?
If you failed to complete the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 setup, try these troubleshooting tips:
- First of all, check all the cable connection are properly connected.
- There should not be any loose connection.
- There should be a viable distance between the nighthawk router and modem.
- Make sure you are entering the correct login address http://routerlogin.net.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 to sign into the nighthawk router.
- Make sure that the web browser is not outdated.
- Disable the proxy server and clear cookies and cache of the browser.
- Reboot the whole network and power cycle your router.
- Establish a wired connection.
- Make sure you are entering the correct login credentials.
- If nothing works, reset the nighthawk AX8 router.
How to Update Nighthawk AX8 Router Firmware?
Updating the nighthawk AX8 router will improve the performance of the router and it will also enhance the security. Follow the steps to update the nighthawk AX8 router.
- Navigate to the Netgear support center and download the latest firmware file.
- Save the file on your desktop.
- Use a browser to open the routerlogin.net web browser.
- Enter the login details and tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- Go to ‘administrator and click on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Firmware Update’ option.
- Choose upload and select the downloaded file.
- Wait for the firmware process to get completed.
Netgear Nighthawk App
You can perform the Netgear nighthawk router setup by using the Nighthawk app. the Nighthawk app is available for both Android and iOS users. You can easily configure the settings of the router using the app.
- Download and install the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile device. Nighthawk app is available for both the iOS and Android users.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Netgear nighthawk router setup.
Here are a few things that you can do after logging into the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Set up a guest wifi
- View the devices that are connected to your router’s network
- Change wireless network name and password
- Check the speed of your network.
- Add or remove devices connected to your home network
- Set up parental control
How to Set up Guest wifi Nighthawk AX12 RAX120 AX6000
Netgear nighthawk routers are equipped with various advanced features. You can easily configure Guest wifi settings on your router for the guest devices using the nighthawk router. here are some steps that you can use to enable guest wifi access on your Nighthawk AX12 router.
- Open the Nighthawk app.
- Provide the login details for the Nighthawk AX12 router.
- After signing into the Nighthawk app, click on the ‘Guest Wi-Fi’ option.
- You will be displayed with the available networks. You can select your home network.
- Enter the SSID and password for the guest network.
- Finally, click ‘Save’ to apply the settings.
Technical Specifications of Nighthawk RAX40 Router
- 802.11 AX Dual-band Wi-Fi technology
- Wireless range up to 3000 square feet
- Dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz simultaneously
- Beam-forming technology
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports
Common Netgear Nighthawk Issues
- Routerlogin.net not working
- Cannot access Nighthawk router login page
- Can’t connect to 192.168.1.1 login page
- Routerlogin.net wrong admin password
- VPN issues with nighthawk router
- Change wifi password on nighthawk router
- Nighthawk router outdated firmware
- Nighthawk router no internet connection issues
- Netgear router not connecting to the internet
- Software of firmware issues
- Slow wifi issues
- Cannot connect to routerlogin.net issues
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Download the Nighthawk App?
To download the Netgear nighthawk app, you need to go to the App Store or play store of your mobile device. On the search box, enter nighthawk. The nighthawk app will appear on your screen, click ‘download’. The app will install on your mobile device.
How to log into Nighthawk RAX120 router?
- You need to by connecting the nighthawk RAX120 router to the computer. Use a wireless or wired method to create a connection.
- Enter routerlogin.net into the browser. Or, use 192.168.1.1 to access the Netgear nighthawk RAX120 router login page.
- Provide the login details.
- Tap ‘Log in’ option
How to Reset Nighthawk Router?
Resetting the nighthawk router to factory setting will bring back all the default settings.
- Find and locate the reset button on your Nighthawk router.
- Use a tiny sharp object to press the button.
- Release the button as soon as LED stops flashing.
- The router will reset to its default settings.
Can’t Access routerlogin.net Login Page?
If you face nighthawk router login failed issues, follow these simple tips.
- Make sure Ethernet cables are properly connected to the router.
- There should a wired or wireless connection between your computer and Nighthawk router.
- Make sure that the Nighthawk router is connected to the modem.
- Try accessing the nighthawk router login page by using the ip address 192.168.1.1.
- Use a different web browser to sign in to your router.
- Or, use a different device to access routerlogin.net
- Power cycle your Netgear router for 5 minutes
- Reset your nighthawk router to default settings